Thursday, April 21, 2022

April 21--Celebrate!

I have learned not to worry about love; but to honor its coming with all my heart. 
--Alice Walker

    When you have lived with the same person for decades, there are bound to be things about that person that are annoying. I am certain that I am annoying to my spouse in assorted ways. With my addict's "magic magnifying mind," I can become much too focused on the annoyances rather than on all the love that has sustained us together these many years. Focusing on the annoyances doesn't feel good. Gratitude and appreciation for the love and caring between us feels good. That is honoring love. 
    I'm in Colorado, and today I get to celebrate our older son's birthday in person. No worries there, all love!
        Leta





No comments:

Post a Comment