Friday, April 15, 2022

April 15--Laugh!

Sexiness wears thin after a while and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that's a real treat.  --Joanne Woodward

    Ms. Woodward should know sexiness very intimately, having been married for 50 years to Paul Newman, one of the sexiest men ever, in my opinion. He surely must have made her laugh every day for them to be married that long in the crazy world of Hollywood and acting. I credit my mother for drawing my attention at a young age to those gorgeous Newman blue eyes. Then there was the movie, "The Sting," with fellow sexy man, Robert Redford. Ahhh...those were the days. 😉😉
    But back to laughter... where would we be without it??!?! My dog Barney goes nuts when I get home from work, racing around and barking, telling me about his day and how happy he is to see me. Actually, he is probably saying "feed me," but I'll stick with my translation. The point is, he always makes me laugh. That sets a good tone for hanging with my husband and finding more to laugh about. A relationship with no laughter won't last long. 
    Writing this one reminds me that I tend to take life much too seriously. 
    Lightening up,
        Leta

It's a thing--Sunday, May 1, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment