Tuesday, April 12, 2022

April 12--Two Become One

If ever two were one, then surely we. If ever man were loved by wife, then thee. 
--Anne Bradstreet

    Awwwww... and I kid you not, today is my 36th wedding anniversary. Our April wedding date was chosen because of that fateful first kiss at the Royals game on April 14, 1982 (see the April 2 post). It has been a wild and fun ride through child-rearing, a variety of jobs and hobbies, travels, becoming empty-nesters, seeing our sons create lives of their own. It hasn't always been easy. I'm especially grateful for the ongoing support of my husband as I recover from addiction--I had and still have a lot to learn about living life successfully without using and without codependency. 
    The daughter of friends was married this past weekend, and I attended the lovely outdoor event. There were quite a few couples there who had been married for decades. The newlyweds have a lot of examples of long-term marriages in their circle. Prayers and goodwill blessed their union and sent them off to make two into one. 
    Loving life,
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment