Saturday, May 8, 2021

May 8--The Journey Continues

Life is a series of collisions with the future.  --Jose Ortega y Gasset 

    This quote makes me smile. Most collisions are minor, no one and nothing gets damaged. Then there are the fender-benders of life, and finally the major crashes. I'll leave it to you to file your own collisions into the various categories. In looking back for myself, I see that what may have seemed like a major crash at the time was really only a fender-bender. The bumps and bruises haven't killed me, but rather, made me stronger and more resilient. 
    I made it safely to NE Ohio yesterday. I had a mid-trip stop at a YMCA near Dayton for a one-mile swim, relieving much driving stiffness. I've visited many YMCAs over the years of my travels, and the staff are always so kind and helpful to visitors. My niece's home is just over 1,000 miles from mine.
    What joy to reunite with my brother's family (three generations) and share an evening meal together! My brother did not know I was coming. The look of surprise on his face was priceless! I hope I never forget it. He has some serious health challenges, and there were times during the pandemic lock-down that I feared I would not get to see him again. 
    In my ultra-comfy bed at my niece's condo, I slept in till almost 8:00 am. Heaven! I realized that for the first time in months, I have absolutely no agenda for this day. What a treat! 
    Stay tuned...
        Leta  



No comments:

Post a Comment