Wednesday, May 19, 2021

May 19--"There's No Place Like Home"

Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless in facing them. 
--Rabindranath Tagore

    I'm not sure it is possible in human life to be fearless. I think the more common circumstance is to forge ahead despite fear. Maybe one could isolate himself so totally that no danger could get near him, but what sort of life would that be? I remember when I went sky-diving. I was positively petrified, but I did it anyway. I certainly was not fearless in my recent adventure from Philadelphia to the Nationals game in Washington, DC, but I did it anyway. There's just too much "scary" in our world to be utterly fearless. 
    My road trip has come to a close. After 2,922 miles, I arrived home yesterday afternoon, reuniting with my wonderful husband and sweet doggie. We were blessed with plenty of rain while I was gone, and the yard, garden and potted plants are lush and happy. I am grateful for a safe and fabulous trip, all the folks I saw, the generous hospitality I received, and all the love I shared. 
    Re-entry ongoing,
        Leta

To help me remember the peaceful sounds of a favorite place (Alan Seeger Natural Area in central PA):



No comments:

Post a Comment