Tuesday, May 11, 2021

May 11--Enjoying a Larger Life

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.  --Anais Nin

    Visiting this past weekend with my niece's friends over several beers, I was describing my trip so far and plans for the rest of it. One woman said, with shock on her face, "Are you doing this alone?!?!?!" When I said, "Yes," she squealed, "You're my hero. I'm going to do something by myself!" You go, girlfriend! 
    I'm not sure how it came to be that my desire for adventure so far exceeds my fear. In part, I know that I won't get to see my family if I don't make the effort. No one in my family has come to see me in Wichita since my wedding 35 years ago, so I'm surely not holding my breath there. I've let my courage and intense love of baseball take me to 23 of 30 major league ballparks so far. That mission continues. I've been to many extraordinary places around the world, and wouldn't trade those experiences for anything. I've done a lot of traveling inward (see May 10 post) and have covered some pretty scary ground there, all worth the effort. I'd say my mission, on my death bed, is to be able to say, "No regrets." That takes courage.
    Trip update: my last day in NE Ohio included a one-mile swim at the Akron YMCA, a nap, a hike at beautiful Gorge Metro Park, and a super-fun dinner and margaritas with my niece and a friend at a local Mexican restaurant. I finished off the evening telling stories with my brother and his wife. It's tough to leave here where I feel so much love and connection! Today I head to PA. 
    I continue to have an expansive life, and I am so grateful!
        Leta

At one of my favorite places on the planet!


No comments:

Post a Comment