Thursday, May 13, 2021

May 13--Beauty in Unexpected Places

It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.  --Anne Morrow Lindbergh

    I've had both results to my trying--failure and success. I'm reminded that my definitions of failure and success were different from what assorted onlookers had. I'm thinking the most important thing is simply to keep on trying. Courage muscles build. 
    My trip continues. After a lovely breakfast with my college roommate and lots of doggie loving, I headed out. Prior YMCA research and several phone calls (trying with both results) finally netted me a swim at the East Shore Harrisburg YMCA. It was built in 1933, a huge brick building along Front Street facing the magnificent Susquehanna River. It is dark and old, but mostly clean, and the staff were super-friendly. What a surprise awaited me at the pool! The pool room is completely covered in decorative tiles, very intricate. It truly is a work of art. The pool itself is 1" tiles. Along the edges of the 25 yard pool are markers in the tile for 5/10/15/20 yards. On the pool floor in the tile are a turtle, crab and lobster. I told the lifeguard that this is definitely the most beautiful place I have ever swum.   
    Then it was off to Collegeville and a visit with my nephew's family. I arrived around 2:00 pm. I was treated in the evening to a real PA hoagie while enjoying a jazz band concert at an outdoor amphitheater. It was a blast-from-the-past treat to hear the middle school and high school bands.
    I've driven just over 1,500 miles so far. I can hardly wait to tell you about today's adventure!!!
    Onward,
        Leta
My mid-trip doggie "fix"


No comments:

Post a Comment