Tuesday, May 25, 2021

May 25--The Best Option

When in doubt, tell the truth.  --Mark Twain

    LOL. I love Twain's sense of humor. However, I'm sure he meant this quite seriously. Why is this quote included in a month themed on courage? It is not always an easy task to tell the truth, to yourself or to someone else.
    I refer you to the May 23 post: Four Questions. I'm becoming ever more aware of my codependent tendencies, which come with the territory of being raised by addicts and being a recovering addict myself. I learned to say what I believed people wanted me to say, to be who they wanted me to be. Being me, telling the truth, is a daily practice for me. I am grateful for the awareness that leads to choice. 
    Life is good, and that's the truth!
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment