Tuesday, May 18, 2021

May 18--Class

Class is the sure-footedness that comes with having proved you can meet life. 
--Ann Landers

    This quote is making me ponder what "class" means to me. At first glance, I tend to think of it in terms of outside appearance--fashionable dress, body language, air of confidence, etc. Those things can be faked. True class on the inside does not need to be faked or dressed up. It is just as Ms. Landers states.
    Let us note that there are several ways to "meet life." One is by using a substance or activity of choice to help one cope, i.e., addiction. One is by simply avoiding life. Another is by having a constructive method to deal with all that life brings one's way. I learned that in a 12-Step program, and yes, that gave me a huge dose of sure-footedness which I did not get from my other methods of meeting life. 
    Trip update: I arrived at my in-laws' home mid-afternoon yesterday and had a lovely visit with them. I also had a 2-mile walk after supper in their beautiful (golf course) neighborhood. It was very welcome movement after 450 miles of driving. Today I go home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Homeward bound,
        Leta
Can't wait to see my sweet Barney!


No comments:

Post a Comment