Saturday, May 15, 2021

May 15--Wrestling Matches

Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination or forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing.  --August Wilson

    I have some really hard-working angels, so the idea of doing something that makes them sing is very exciting to me. Desperately wanting to recover from addiction caused a lot of wrestling matches. That's because addiction is the symptom pointing to dark parts and demons seeking the light. We use the addictive substance or behavior to keep them hidden. 
    I would change one word in this quote: "or" to "and." Illumination and forgiveness. Every dark place I have brought to the light required forgiveness, either of myself or others or both. I believe our consciousness continues to expand through eternity, and the more I can release the past with forgiveness, the more expansion is available to me. 
    Trip update: Had a relaxed day with a 2.5-mile walk in the neighborhood. Those who know about my left-right challenges--I made two turns on my walk, turned around to retrace my steps, and ended up having to use Google to get back to my nephew's house. Geez. My great-niece's re-wedding was a delightful affair. (They were officially married on-line last December; this was the in-person celebration.) The weather was perfect for the outdoor event. Everything went off without a hitch. The dinner was lovely. The dance was wild. Everyone was so excited to have a real live in-person celebration without Covid worries. I am, again, so glad I made the trip to be with family for this joyful time. 
    More fun upcoming...
        Leta
Beauty from my walk




No comments:

Post a Comment