Monday, May 17, 2021

May 17--Begin Anyway

Real courage is when you know you're licked before you begin--but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  --Harper Lee

    Courage, yes, but I think fulfilling this quote involves a healthy dose of stubbornness, too. My first thought upon reading this quote was my Forrest Yoga Teacher Training. A few days in, I went to one of the teaching assistants to announce "I quit." She talked me out of it, and we made some modifications to help me handle the things that were troubling me the most. Then it became a matter of my stubborn nature keeping me going, along with the mantra, "One minute closer to home." 
    Does anyone ever really know how things are going to turn out? It's a damn good thing we can't see the future! It keeps the "begin anyway" going strong. 
    Trip update: I spent last night in a hotel in Columbus, Ohio. Today I drive to Wentzville, Missouri, and get to spend the night with my in-laws, whom I haven't seen in a year and a half. Joy!
    Onward,
        Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment