Sunday, May 16, 2021

May 16--Forgiving Requires Strength

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. 
--Mohandas Gandhi

    And the weakness that is unable to forgive shows up as blaming, resentment, revenge. I've been there, in that state of weakness. It is a chronic state of powerlessness that can only be relieved by the conscious choice and effort to forgive. I've also born the brunt of long-term blaming and resentment and had to forgive the other's inability to forgive. Forgiveness is freedom!
    Trip update: The highlight of yesterday was my nephew treating me to 18 holes at the beautiful Spring Ford Country Club. It is long, hilly, and very challenging with vicious greens. It was a glorious afternoon for golf and a supreme joy to have the very fun hang time with my nephew. What a fitting close to my PA visit! Today I head for home, the first of three days driving. 
    Onward,
        Leta

The first tee




No comments:

Post a Comment