Saturday, March 2, 2024

March 2--Freedom to Be

Only the truth of who you are, if realized, will set you free.  --Eckhart Tolle

    I had another thought about March's theme of authenticity. Is it authentic to admit that sometimes I lack authenticity?!?!? This is just one example of the circular whirl in my brain. 
    I credit a 12-Step program and an excellent spiritual counselor for helping my life-long journey of opening to the truth of who I am. It has given me the freedom and courage to learn and try new things, some of which have really pulled me outside of my comfort zone. 
    Codependency has been a challenge throughout my life. People-pleasing pulls me in the opposite direction from the truth. I feel like I am in the stage of recognizing my codependent behavior and being frustrated by it, and only just learning how to behave differently. 
    Freedom, too, is a practice. 
        Leta

Wide-open space in the Florida panhandle

No comments:

Post a Comment