Saturday, March 23, 2024

March 23--Words = Actions

Let us say what we feel, and feel what we say; let speech harmonize with life. 
--Seneca

    I would also offer it this way: Let our words and our actions match. I see that the dysfunction in which I was raised exposed me to multiple instances in which the words and actions were completely incongruous. I am even experiencing this situation with some close family members now. It feels yucky, confusing, and frustrating. It makes one question one's sanity. 
    Yesterday I had another lovely swim at the Akron YMCA. Then I loaded up my brother and we went to another AA meeting. This time, due to the distance to the meeting room in a very large building, he agreed to use the wheelchair. I was a bit klutzy pushing him at first, but I learned. It worked out very well, saving his very sore feet from a lot of unnecessary walking. And it was a great meeting. 
    In the evening, we had a 4-girlfriend chat with Mexican food and drink, a lovely way to celebrate Friday. 
    I got to sleep in this morning!
        Leta
I'm longing for Florida weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment