Tuesday, March 19, 2024

March 19--The Free Soul?

The free soul is rare, but you know it when you see it--basically because you feel good, very good, when you are near or with them.  --Charles Bukowski

    I am blessed to have a lot of folks with whom I feel very good. I'm not sure they are "free souls" though. I think all humans have their own brand of neuroses--that's what makes us unique and lovable. When I think of free souls, I think of Jesus, Buddha, St. Francis and the like. And yes, I believe I would feel very good hanging with any of those folks. 
    "When life hands you lemons..." Yesterday morning I got up early, got myself together (so I thought), and drove the 12 miles to the Y to swim laps. Long story short, I forgot my swimsuit. Major dolt move. So I returned "home," and chopped veggies for soup instead. My nephew and I then roused my brother and took him to an AA meeting, where several of my brother's long-time buds were delighted to see him. Afterwards we made a stop at Handel's for ice cream, a tradition that must be upheld at least once in every visit I make to Ohio. We dropped off my brother so that everyone could settle into naptime. I made lentil soup for supper, and the evening was complete with many rounds of Rummikub with my niece and nephew--siblings used to a life of picking on each other 😉😉
    Today is the equinox, the first day of spring, and there is about three inches of snow on the ground here in Stow. I'm still cranky. 
        Leta
Sure, it's pretty, but...

No comments:

Post a Comment