Wednesday, March 6, 2024

March 6--Might As Well Enjoy Yourself

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.  --Joseph Campbell

    The thing that annoys me most about myself is my extreme tendency to scary and/or negative thinking. I believe this is rooted in two decades of my early life when I was terrified that anything would happen to my mom. My mom eventually passed when I was 23, through no fault of my own, but try to tell that to my wounded psyche. Much therapy finally relieved me of that burden, though the scary thoughts remain. 
    I'm a recovering addict, and I'm good with that. The effort required to recover has given me a wonderful life that I couldn't have imagined in the midst of using. It has enabled me to embrace the privilege of being who I am. 
    An advantage of aging for me has been the lack of concern about what other people think about me. I have my faults and I have my talents. I'm a nerd and proud of it. I am nuts about baseball (Opening Day is March 28!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). I yell at other drivers. I'm probably a bit lazy (napping is my #1 hobby). Creative projects are essential to my sanity. I am reliable, and for me, that is the ultimate quality of a human being. 
    You are an excellent human, too! Let us not take ourselves so seriously!
        Leta

My latest t-shirt purchase 😉😉

No comments:

Post a Comment