Friday, March 22, 2024

March 22--Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

The essence of being human is that one does not seek perfection. 
--George Orwell

    Having been raised by the poster child for perfectionism, I know it well. As my life has progressed, and especially with the help of the 12-Steps, I continue to learn how insidious perfectionism is, and how damaging. Letting it go (yes, a practice!) has been a huge relief. 
    I know that many folks, including me, look at our phones to see what day it is. We can count on the phone to have that item nailed for us. Alas, my brother does not agree. Yesterday he said, "All day yesterday my phone said it was Thursday; then all day today my phone said it is Thursday!" I couldn't help it, I busted up laughing. 
    If there is pickleball (PB) to be played in this area (Akron/Stow/Hudson/Cuyahoga Falls), I can't find it. Yesterday I went to the Falls YMCA for the listed PB time and I was the only person there. I practiced my serve and dinked against the wall for a half-hour. I couldn't find anything but a private listing on Playtime Scheduler. I thought the entire country was nuts about PB, but apparently it hasn't hit here yet. This makes me appreciate the abundant play opportunities I have in the Wichita area. 
    TGIF!!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment