Monday, March 4, 2024

March 4--Just Do It

Do your thing and don't care if they like it.  --Tina Fey

    Do you have the courage and persistence for that? It's a practice, and I have to keep practicing it, because I have too much people-pleasing codependency in me. I have been ramping up two of my "things"--travel and pickleball-playing. These take me away from home a lot. I don't think my spouse much cares for it, but these things are keeping me active and sane. 
    Looking over my life, I see that I've had numerous instances of living Fey's quote. I went to grad school and moved far away from home in my early twenties. Mom did not like that. My (future) husband and I bought a house and lived together before getting married. His parents did not like that. Parenting is a constant practice of doing things the kids don't like, such as enforcing rules. Job changes caused angst here and there, but worked out well for me. I would say that it is impossible to live a good life without doing something that someone doesn't like!
    So just do it!
        Leta
The shower curtain in a 
hunting "cabin" in FL

No comments:

Post a Comment