Monday, March 18, 2024

March 18--Snow and Comfort

This above all: to thine own self be true.  --William Shakespeare

    I wondered when this one would show up. It's the ultimate "authenticity" quote. 
    Yesterday included grocery shopping, a 2-mile walk, the arrival from Michigan of my nephew, and a St. Pat's dinner with niece, nephew, brother, and two great-nephews. Alas, the day also included several snow showers. It's almost "officially" spring (and it has been in my mind for many days now), so snow makes me cranky. More of this is predicted for the week. Oh, well.
    "To thine own self be true." When I leave home for an extended driving trip like this one, I bring along my blankie and Ted Bear. They are both with me on the bed as I'm writing this. Ted Bear is my copilot. He's been with me for about 55 years. Yep, that's right--68 years old with a blankie and bear. Both give me comfort and a sense of peace, each holding lots of love. Who doesn't need a bit more comfort, peace and love these days!?!?!
    Time to head to the YMCA for a swim!
        Leta
The one and only, Ted Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment