Monday, December 4, 2023

December 4--More of the Glorious Same

I have often done the little I could to correct the stale trick of taking things for granted: all the more because it is not even taking them for granted. It is taking them without gratitude; that is, emphatically as not granted. --G. K. Chesterton

    I'm not one who is generally down on Mondays, and today I am not taking for granted that I have another day in paradise. Monday at a resort in Jamaica is very high up on the good potentials list!
    Yesterday I went with some buds to a pickleball clinic. I confessed to being one who had played more than five times, which led to some interesting and useful drills. The man I was paired with (the instructor separated couples) is from Liverpool. (I was there in October.) I enjoy playing outdoors but it does get quite hot. 
    The rest of the day was a repeat--lap-swim beach ocean shower sunset martinis dinner -- heaven! We spent probably a half-hour trying to find the Chiefs game on the big TV in the sports center. No luck. Then one of our gang checked the TV in their room, and there it was. So we stayed up late to watch the Chiefs lose. 
    Swim time!
        Leta
Sunday evening's view

No comments:

Post a Comment