Sunday, December 24, 2023

December 24--Creativity = Sanity

If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice. 
--Meister Eckhart

    I've seen this quote many times, and I still love it. It's hard to be grumpy while saying a sincere "thank you." 
    I note joyfully that inspiration can come from anywhere at any time. In the Montego Bay (Jamaica) airport, I noticed a colorful suitcase and I was instantly drawn to the color combination. I knew in the excitement of the trip that I wouldn't remember the colors, so I took a photo of the suitcase (below). Yesterday I adventured to Lowe's and bought the paints. I already have another straight-line painting in mind. I'll start it next week after Christmas.  
    Two of our neighbors on the court brought us holiday treats yesterday. I put a note in my calendar for next year to do something similar rather than just being a Grinch about Christmas. This and the upcoming painting mentioned above are items of creativity which I know to be essential to my sanity. 
    "Thank you."
        Leta

Certainly easy to locate!

No comments:

Post a Comment