Saturday, December 2, 2023

December 2--Yippee, Arrived!

Thanks for this day, for all birds safe in their nests, for whatever this is, for life. 
--Barbara Kingsolver

    I am at this very moment in a hammock on our second floor balcony in Jamaica. If I look to my left, I can see bits of beach and ocean through the lush vegetation. We did not have the usual Friday night Beach Party, as a downpour came through right around set-up time. We did, however, enjoy the martini bar and buffet supper at the Palms. It's so great to be reunited with friends in this heavenly place. 
    Ah, yes, the tree frogs. Or the joke that the tree-frog crooning (chirp/screech/squeal/shriek) is a recording. They go on for most of the night, but I can say thankfully that I have learned to sleep through it. 
    Today's agenda... pickleball, lap swim, laze on the beach, eat, drink and be merry!!!
        Leta

Lush vegetation is EVERYWHERE
in Jamaica

No comments:

Post a Comment