Thursday, December 21, 2023

December 21--Whack!

Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude. 
--Wallace D. Wattles

    I read somewhere that the practice is to be grateful IN all things but not necessarily FOR all things. I suspect it may be easier to be grateful FOR some things only in hindsight. Practice, practice, practice. 
    Today I am feeling especially thankful for the pickleball community at the West YMCA. I love pickleball. It thrills me to no end how many seniors this sport has kept moving. I've seen folks who look like it hurts just to walk out on the court kicking butt. I have met so many wonderful folks, and we've been together enough this year that I am learning and remembering quite a few names. Conversations have led to new opportunities and kind offers of support. Someone on the sidelines on Tuesday was overheard to say, "There sure are a lot of knee braces around here." So true! I am grateful for my willingness to be a rookie and learn. 
    Good game!
        Leta

This is the Life Is Good shirt
I wore to Jamaica 😉😉

No comments:

Post a Comment