Sunday, December 17, 2023

December 17--Meatballs!

If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden. 
--Frances Hodgson Burnett

    So true, so true. I think of the lush vegetation in Jamaica, the emerald green rolling hills of the English countryside, and the amber waves of grain here in Kansas each June. I also know that as a lifelong gardener, I tend to see weeds first, then the flowers. 
    My SIL Sue who passed in September 2023 made the BEST meatballs. I was discussing this with her three kids when I was in Ohio, and it reminded me that I had the recipe. I found it the other day and texted a photo of the recipe to the kids. They were thrilled to have it, though my niece does not remember this delicacy that her mom made. I was always so thrilled when I walked into Sue's kitchen and there was a pot of meatballs and sauce bubbling on the stove. 
     I don't cook much these days, but I decided to try and make a "spaghetti and Sue's meatballs" feast. Using three pounds of ground beef makes for quite a batch. We have plenty of leftovers, and I'm glad because it all turned out great! I don't remember getting the recipe from Sue, but I'm sure happy I did!
    MMMM, MMMM, GOOD!
        Leta
3# of meat made 28 meatballs

No comments:

Post a Comment