Tuesday, December 19, 2023

December 19--Keep Moving

All sanity depends on this: that it should be a delight to feel the roughness of a carpet under smooth soles, a delight to feel heat strike the skin, a delight to stand upright, knowing the bones are moving easily under the flesh.  --Doris Lessing

    I am in the process of reverting from being a yoga teacher to being a yoga student. I started my yoga practice initially at the YMCA, and I've attended a couple classes there. I taught twice a week, so I am encouraging myself to go to two classes weekly. While I don't care to teach it any more, I do want to keep practicing because yoga has had such a huge impact on my life, health and body. I enjoy the "delight to stand upright, knowing the bones are moving easily under the flesh."  
    I am still struggling with the Christmas holiday. I remind myself that this could be my last Christmas (who knows!?!?!), and I don't want it to be a complete downer. I did enjoy a Christmas party with dear friends last evening. I made it a point to avoid talking about those things that are bumming me out. I cling to my mantras of "this, too, shall pass" and "one day at a time." 
    Looking forward to 2024,
        Leta
Jamaican Christmas ornament

No comments:

Post a Comment