Friday, December 29, 2023

December 29--I'll Git 'Er Done!

Gratitude is looking on the brighter side of life, even if it means hurting your eyes. 
--Ellen Degeneres

    I am finally tackling a long overdue round of house-cleaning, pretty much my least favorite thing to do in life. I joke that I travel so much so that I can avoid this nemesis chore. 
    Yes, I am grateful that I can do it (even if I'm sore afterwards). Yes, I am OK with the fact that I clean only about 1/3 of the house at a time because that's all I can make myself do in one day. Yes, we have a long-haired dog who makes my efforts instantly meaningless. Yes, it is guilt that drives my efforts... "I should be more inspired when it comes to cleaning." Yes, I do enjoy the feeling of "It's clean!" even if it is only momentary. 
    This is all a form of PTSD from being forced to clean the house as a kid!
    Don't I whine well!??!!
        Leta

Barney, my favorite dust-bunny generator

No comments:

Post a Comment