Thursday, December 14, 2023

December 14--Not Always Grateful

Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other.  --Randy Pausch

    Yesterday's post is about the spiritual practice of awe and wonder. For the past few years, I have been using photography to support this practice. It helps me to pay attention to the more commonplace stuff of life that might make an interesting photo. This process also works my "gratitude muscles." 
    But it's December, and I'm home after a great trip to Jamaica. Christmas used to inspire loads of awe and wonder in me, especially all the colorful lights. However, I am faced with another Christmas not with my kids and grandson, so quite frankly, I'm not overflowing with gratitude right now. I wish it was January and the whole business was past. Every colored light reminds me of a gaping hole filled with disappointment. I will "suck it up" and get through it, of course, trying my best to be pleasant. At least now I can empathize with those folks who don't get into the holiday spirit!
    One day at a time,
        Leta

At the Stan Hywet Christmas, Akron, Ohio

No comments:

Post a Comment