Wednesday, December 27, 2023

December 27--Creating and Clearing

Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good. 
--Maya Angelou

    Another straight line painting has begun (see below). There is something magical about having a painting in progress. It requires patience to allow it to develop. I make the center spot and "grow" it from there--I don't have a vision of the whole thing when I start. I can spend only so much time on it. Each spot requires three coats of paint, so I can typically do only one spot a day when I'm starting out. Stay tuned!
    Yesterday between coats of paint, I tackled the laundry room clearing project. I pitched two big trash bags of junk and completely filled the back of our RAV4 with stuff for Goodwill. I also did a lot of rearranging. I saw stuff yesterday that I hadn't seen in decades--that is a pretty good indication that those things are due to be GONE. 
    Creating and clearing--two good things for the psyche.
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment