Friday, December 15, 2023

December 15--Perfectly Maddening

Gratitude can transform any situation. It alters your vibration moving you from negative energy to positive.  --Oprah Winfrey

    I have been having more thoughts on perfectionism. I wrote a post in November that included this:

I've come to three conclusions given my experience with perfectionists. The first is that being perfect, it is totally unreasonable for anyone to criticize them. Second, given that they never do anything wrong, there is never a need to apologize for anything. Third, because of the need to keep up the perfect facade, they are extremely self-centered and lack interest in others.

    I have a fourth conclusion: no idea/suggestion/advice is welcome, because the perfectionist always already knows what's best. 
    The big question: where do I see these things in myself?
        Leta

Missing Jamaica...

No comments:

Post a Comment