Saturday, December 30, 2023

December 30--GEEZ!

Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others. 
--Marcus Tullius Cicero

    For quite some time, the teeth on the upper right side of my mouth have been hot and cold sensitive. It's not intolerable, and the dentist had noted that there is a cracked tooth there, which is on the "watch list." As Murphy's Law would have it, the tooth broke at supper last night--Friday night of a three-day holiday weekend, "icing on the cake" for a year that I am glad to see pass. Fortunately it is not too painful, just sharp and annoying. We don't have dental insurance, so I'm envisioning at least a grand to fix it. 
    Gratitude... I'm trying here. Hopefully I will be able to get into my dentist early next week for the repair. We have the money somewhere. Fixing this may bring an end to the hot/cold sensitivity in that area. Eating less (because chewing irritates my tongue in that spot) will be good for me. I DO like my dentist--he is the only dentist in my lifetime about whom I have said that!
    Life goes on,
        Leta
A crown in my future...

No comments:

Post a Comment