Monday, September 19, 2022

September 19--Connection

Faith is the centerpiece of a connected life. It allows us to live by the grace of invisible strands.  --Terry Tempest Williams

    I'm pondering what a "connected life" is. I want to be connected to the people I love. There are many of those whom I don't see often, but my faith tells me that our love is strong despite the distance. We have plenty of technology to help us stay connected. My spouse, probably the most significant connection in my life--faith in each other is a powerful loving, moving and being force in our lives. 
    Certainly I am connected to places, foremost being our house of 37 years. There are many "invisible strands" of love woven through this home. Plenty of faith has been in action over the course of raising a family here and then becoming empty-nesters. I am still strongly connected to my central Pennsylvania upbringing territory. It is beautiful country that has a warm spot in my heart. 
    I would like to say that I am not so connected to things, but if you read last week about my upset over losing one of our white pine trees, you know I am connected to some things. I do like my "stuff." It makes for a comfortable life. Looking around the woman cave, however, I see only a few things that it would be a real challenge to let go. 
    Then there's Barney, our dog. His "invisible strands" of love are woven all around my heart. He's an unending source of laughter and love, and I can't imagine life without that connection. 
    Faith in life being good overall is the grace that keeps me going. 
        Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment