Thursday, September 8, 2022

September 8--Still Ticking

You know, a heart can be broken--but it keeps on beating, just the same. 
--Fannie Flagg

    I think that very few folks who have reached adulthood have escaped some sort of heartbreak. Death of a loved one, relationships ending, dreams gone awry--grief can easily overtake us. 
    Have you ever really paid attention to how your heart feels? We take our hearts and their steadfast beating for granted. Before I had hip replacement surgery, I had two EKG tests that showed up as "abnormal." Neither doctor could tell me what was abnormal about my heart. The cardiologist then did a heart sonogram and pronounced me "normal" enough for surgery. Obviously the surgery didn't do in my heart. 
    The heart has much wisdom to offer if only we would listen.
        Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment