Thursday, September 29, 2022

September 29--Onward to Ohio

The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next.  --Mignon McLaughlin 

    Or in my case, "one mile to the next."  I spent a lovely evening with my in-laws, and today I make the long, remaining 600-mile journey to northeast Ohio. 
    Yesterday's 400-mile drive gave me plenty of time to think. That's both good and bad. I have been reminded the past few days how draining grief is. Even if I'm not actively crying, I can feel energy draining from me. Unless I'm really occupied with someone or something, my thoughts go straight to Sue and the family and anxiety simmers. I learned "one day at a time" in a 12-Step program; now I'm going with "one mile at a time." That's the only way to get to where I'm going. 😉
    The journey continues...
        Leta

I'm not sure what "it" is,
but I guess I will find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment