Monday, September 5, 2022

September 5--Baseball is Life

We are made to persist. That's how we find out who we are.  --Tobias Wolfe

    I'm thinking of my "every MLB stadium" quest. Once I decided a few years back to actually go for it, I was able to come up with all sorts of creative ways to get to the various stadiums. We extended our eastern Canada tour to include a game in Toronto. I went solo on two organized baseball tours (and met a bunch of cool baseball fans). I did a day trip from Philadelphia to Washington DC by train to catch an afternoon game in the nation's capital. I did three games in three nights in three cities--Atlanta, Tampa, Miami. Persistent? A little crazy? Yes, I am! I've learned that if I set my mind to it, it can be done.
    I'm at 28 teams down, 2 to go. And I've checked... next May the Cubs play in Houston and the Rangers are home at the same time, so I'll be finishing up the quest. It has been SO MUCH FUN!!
        Leta

At Nationals Park,
Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment