Tuesday, September 20, 2022

September 20--See the Light

When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.  --Charles A. Beard

    I've lived in cities most of my adult life. I miss the darkness and stars from my Pennsylvania boondocks upbringing. 
    A few years ago when comet NEOWISE was visible, my husband and I loaded up our lawn chairs and drove west from Wichita to the Lake Cheney area where it was dark enough to see the comet. Due to the lack of mountains, Kansas has BIG skies, and the stars are magnificent away from city lights. I love looking up and noting that a thing that may look like a star is actually a whole galaxy. So much for the astronomical viewpoint of the quote. 
    Considering the quote from the life standpoint--even in our darkest times, it seems there is a glimmer of light (hope). My brother and his wife need a more comfortable and safer living situation due to increasing health and balance challenges. My niece (their daughter) called to say that they had found an assisted living place that meets all their requirements, and a deposit would be paid shortly. This is a 5-star event, answered prayer, and a big relief for my brother, his wife and everyone who loves them.
    Look up!
        Leta
Galaxy M94 from Hubble,
Astronomy Picture of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment