Saturday, September 10, 2022

September 10--Yes, You Can!

If you hear a voice within you say, "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.  --Vincent Van Gogh

    I actually took this quote literally. I had that voice, so I started taking painting classes at City Arts here in Wichita. Comically, I still hear "you cannot paint," but I ignore it and do it anyway. Learning and trying different painting techniques brought me this wisdom: what you and I consider "art" may be very different, but your differing opinion does not make my art not art. That's a convoluted way of saying we each have our own valid idea of what constitutes art. My painting journey ultimately brought me to the realization that I really like straight lines. 
    Below are some of my creations. Is finger-painting next!?!?!
        Leta

From an acrylic pouring workshop

Just for fun

My favorite "11:11"

From the watercolor class--what
a challenging medium!!

No comments:

Post a Comment