Wednesday, March 31, 2021

March 31--Stick a Fork in Me

The first and final thing you have to do in this world is to last it and not be smashed by it.  --Ernest Hemingway

    It is the last day of March. I have now completed one full year of daily blogging, using the quotes in "Daily Peace," a National Geographic publication. While I cannot say that writing is my favorite thing to do, it has become an integral part of my days and my spiritual practice. I would have to say that I have lasted it, as least as far as consistent daily writing effort is concerned. 
    I bought a new book in the same series as "Daily Peace." It is called "Daily Joy." There are several themes in this line of NatGeo books. I chose joy because that is my word. It's what I strive to stay in touch with inside me, and bring forth in my daily living. It's a fun and worthwhile exercise to name your own personal word. 
    I'm feeling burned out at the moment, maybe a bit of what Hemingway refers to as "smashed." I have been pondering a break from writing. Part of me fears that I won't resume. Worse than that fear, however, is having a feeling of dread toward writing. That is no place from which to create, so yes, I am taking a break. It may be a few days or a few weeks, I can't say right now. 
    Thank you for reading. I'll be back!
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment