Wednesday, April 21, 2021

April 21--I'm Back!

To look back is to relax one's vigil.  --Bette Davis

    We are now operating with the quotes from the "Daily Joy" book, and April's theme is growth.
    Looking back over my three-week break, I can easily relax now. Tax season is over for me, despite the extension. We buckled down and got most of the work done by April 15. It was intense. I'm super-glad it is over. Transitioning from more-than-full-time work to not working is a piece of cake. 😉😉
    The end of tax season flowed right into a long weekend in Colorado to surprise our older son for his birthday. We had the great joy of staying with him and his partner in their brand new home. We had evenings with our other son who works on weekends. It was quite a treat to have the space for all five of us to gather around the dinner table and share meals. The dogs had room to romp and laze. The birthday boy and I played golf on Sunday. I cannot think of anything higher on my "joy" list than golfing with my sons. We went on a lovely trek along a northern Colorado reservoir with the magnificent snow-capped Rocky Mountains in the background. 
    Life is good, life is relaxed, I am grateful!
        Leta

Douglas Reservoir


No comments:

Post a Comment