Friday, March 5, 2021

March 5--Let's Move On

You build on failure. You use it as a stepping-stone. Close the door on the past. 
--Johnny Cash

    There is a trap in life that has caught me repeatedly. Some effort of mine has failed, according to my thinking, and the resulting disappointment causes me to go into a phase of "why bother?" Fortunately, I recognized this pattern, the first step in eliminating it, but escaping it has been an ongoing practice. It can be a real challenge to close that door Mr. Cash mentions. 
    It is much more helpful to see a "failure" simply as an option that didn't work. OK, that didn't work, what can I do differently to get more satisfying results? It is a constant practice of looking forward rather than behind. Depending on infinite potential rather than disappointment is the way to thrive in life.
     Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment