Tuesday, March 23, 2021

March 23--Each Step Matters

To be fully human is to know that it's possible to face the unimaginable and somehow put one foot in front of the other.  --Oprah Winfrey

    Sadly, there is a lot of unimaginable out there. Physical, verbal and emotional abuse are rampant, and have been for decades, as evidenced by such revelations as the #MeToo movement. Human trafficking, violence, hate crimes, war, starvation--the unimaginable could easily overwhelm a soul. But that's the secret--the soul. There's something within us that knows we are eternal, that whatever appears outside us is not the truth of our essence. We have an inner strength that we draw on. It's a great mystery. It's there when we need it to "somehow put one foot in front of the other." My favorite saying that gets me through so many things is "this, too, shall pass." Whatever it is, it passes, and we are eternal, moving forward, sometimes trudging, step by step. I'm also quite fond of the "children's" book, "The Little Engine That Could."
    I think I can, I think I can,
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment