Saturday, March 27, 2021

March 27--Hope Is Mighty

There was never a night or a problem that could defeat sunrise or hope.  --Sir Bernard Williams

    It's a good thing that we can depend on the sun to keep shining. We don't give it a second thought. It will be around, doing its thing, for longer than any human can comprehend. Even when it is cloudy, we are sustained by the sun's brilliance. What we see as darkness or night is irrelevant to the sun.
    Likewise, hope sustains us in the face of any difficulty. If we give up hope, the difficulty wins. Something within us keeps at least a glimmer of hope alive--I believe it is innate within our souls. We come into this life with hope for joy, expansion and freedom. It is the inborn driving force that enables us to continue adventuring through life. 
    This year I hope to stay well and travel, especially to see family to the east. I hope to maintain my sanity through the rest of tax season. I hope to golf a lot. I hope to not gain weight. I hope to add at least one more stadium to my MLB quest. I hope to walk Barney nearly every day after tax work ends. I hope the Cubs don't suck. I hope we get enough rain this summer to keep the lawn in decent shape. I hope my garden is not overrun with tiny maple tree seedlings. I hope to once again complete over 100 miles swimming. I hope my fairy godmother will wave her magic wand and clean my house every couple of weeks. 
    Hope is fun! 
        Leta

Sunrise in Fort Collins, Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment