Saturday, March 13, 2021

March 13--Be a Maker

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.  --Thomas Edison

    How many of us have the fortitude to stick with it like Edison did? I'm truly glad he did!
    I'm willing to bet that all great modern-day inventions went through many iterations before things "clicked." Somehow there was an internal knowing that the goal could be reached, and perseverance kept the inventors going. I'm not sure I wouldn't have given up. 
    Ernest Holmes stated that "everything is twice created." First we have the idea in mind, and then through focused effort, the item takes form. It may take a bunch of attempts, but hopefully not 10,000, to get it just right. We are innately designed to create and to continue creating. It does not serve us to identify creations as failures. That hinders us and the creative process. 
    I offer Yoda's wisdom, "Do or do not. There is no try." Have fun creating!
        Leta
 
The Force is with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment