Tuesday, March 16, 2021

March 16--We Always Have a Choice

You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.  --Maya Angelou

    I confess that I was well into adulthood before I realized that in any situation, I had a choice. It may have been simply to have a good attitude or a bad attitude, but I had a choice. Having that choice makes it easier to handle the many events in life that are out of our control. 
    I love the phrase, "you can decide not to be reduced by them." In my early years, there were many circumstances that reduced me because I didn't understand that I could choose otherwise. There was verbal abuse, addictive behavior, and my parents' unhappy marriage. I have worked diligently to rise up from the effects of those. All this has made me more self-aware, and better able to handle events without becoming less in the process. It is most definitely a daily practice to keep from slipping into old habitual behaviors. 
    Choosing a good today,
        Leta




No comments:

Post a Comment