Monday, March 29, 2021

March 29--In the Wilderness

The promised land always lies on the other side of the wilderness. 
--Havelock Ellis

    I would have to say that for the most part, I hang out in the promised land. I focus on gratitude and all the good in my life. I'm generally on a fairly even keel. 
    However, at the moment, I'm in the wilderness. I am sick of everything. I'm brain-fried from six days a week doing tax work. We have, in the short year of 2021, replaced our furnace, AC and dishwasher, and now the water heater has gone belly-up. We have had no hot water for four days. My back still hurts (pain in the ass?!?!). My personal rut is getting deeper. I want to go somewhere. I want to both hang out in person with friends and family and be alone. I want to sleep in, which is for me setting the alarm after 6:00 am. These are all first-world problems, I fully realize. And I'll snap out of it relatively soon. Sometimes I just enjoy being cranky. 
    Praise life--Opening Day is Thursday! Go Cubs!
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment