Sunday, March 28, 2021

March 28--Life in Early Spring

Surely, in the light of history, it is more intelligent to hope rather than to fear, to try rather than not to try.  For one thing we know beyond all doubt: Nothing has ever been achieved by the person who said, "It can't be done."  --Eleanor Roosevelt

    Mrs. Roosevelt was quite the wise woman, and her words above ring true. 
    However, I feel like writing about other things. Yesterday afternoon my husband, dog, and I were hanging in our garage enjoying the spring sunshine. A new neighbor family came by to introduce themselves. They were delivering packages of fresh home-made egg rolls to the homes on our court. How cool is that!?!!? And the egg rolls are delicious! It was an uplifting event in a world where it's so easy to be dragged down by negativity.
    I received my second Moderna Covid vaccination this past Thursday. If I had any reaction, I missed it due to my back hurting so much. My back is improving, and I'm really looking forward to feeling safer in the world once the two-week post-shot "waiting" period passes. I have great empathy for folks in chronic pain. Being pain-free after the hip replacement has made me realize that I do not care for being in pain any longer. I remind myself that my body is continuing to adjust to the new joint and alignment. And it's rebelling from so much sitting at work...
    Tax season is crazy. With the ARP act, the laws changed mid-stream, and every day something new seems to come up. In this age of technology, we await the updating of a multitude of computer software programs to handle the changes. I'm not sure if the one-month extension in the filing deadline is a good thing or not. I'm still focused on April 15 as the end of full-time work, then part-time "finishing up" for the month after that. I can hardly wait to get back to the golf course.
    It CAN be done!
        Leta

Auburn Hills, Wichita


No comments:

Post a Comment