Saturday, December 26, 2020

December 26--Overflowing Abundance

Not what we have but what we enjoy constitutes our abundance. --Epicurus

    I thoroughly enjoyed my family's Christmas holiday together. 2020's weirdness created some new conditions. We, the parents, rented a VRBO place large enough for us to all hang out and eat together. Our Christmas tree ended up being a fake palm to which I added a string of lights. Everyone wore masks all the time. Gift-opening was goofy, joyful, and fun, as we all know each other so well. My husband cooked us great meals. We enjoyed seeing our older son's new home under construction and our younger son's new apartment. The weather was spectacular, and we enjoyed much outdoor time walking the dogs. Our older son said, "This is my 34th Christmas, and I consider us really lucky to have spent them all together."
    It doesn't get much more enjoyable and abundant than that!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment