Wednesday, December 16, 2020

December 16--It Really Doesn't Take Much

With freedom, books, flowers, and the moon, who could not be happy? 
--Oscar Wilde

    This quote makes me happy. I fully agree that freedom is number one on the list. Free will is the very foundation of life on this planet. Nothing would be the same without it. We take for granted that we always have a choice, but that fact ought surely be the source of greatest gratitude within us.
    Books, reading and writing them, what joy! A long lifetime isn't even close to the time it would take to read all the books that have been created. Books mean adventure, without even having to leave your chair. Writers sharing their own unique voices are such a gift to our world. Writing is a mighty and energizing spiritual practice for me personally. 
    Flowers--I grow and love them. I've created the Christmas-time tradition of arranging a bouquet of lilies for our mantle. Lilies are my favorite flower. (Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin. And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Matthew 6:28-29)
    I can't quite figure how anyone could have angst looking at the moon, particularly with it "hanging" among an infinity of galaxies and stars to ponder. I figure if the Universe can handle all that, I can relax, know I'm in good "hands," and be happy. 
    Merry, merry,
        Leta
2020's arrangement

 

No comments:

Post a Comment