Thursday, December 24, 2020

December 24--Moving Energy

I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens--but just those that bring simple little pleasures.  --L. M. Montgomery

    I am in Colorado to spend Christmas with my kids. I have anxiously awaited this time, well, since last Christmas. This December seems to have dragged on, as I have prepared gifts and packed for our trip. Now we are here, and have reunited all the family. It is heaven. We have all been together every Christmas since the sons were born. I know we are extraordinarily lucky in that respect. 
    Still... what I wanted so desperately is now here, and I realize it will all be over in the blink of an eye. This makes for my annual "pre-Christmas cry." The profound love in my heart gives way temporarily to fear and worry. How can I possibly appreciate enough this precious time together? Will this be our last Christmas all together, for any number of reasons? Would I want to know if that happens to be the case? NO! Christmas as I knew and loved it as a child ended when my mom died when I was 23. I still feel much sadness relative to that. I'm crying now to release this uncomfortable energy, so that it won't spoil this 2020 holiday. 
    Today (Christmas Eve) and tomorrow are going to be the "nicest and sweetest days" because we are together. The gift-opening and food will be fun, but the simple pleasure of being together is what makes it so sweet. 
    Let's lighten the mood. There's a Saturday Night Live skit from just a couple weeks ago wherein three daughters break it to their moms that they are not coming home for Christmas. It's hysterical. Click here to view it. 
    Thanks for listening to me vent. I feel much lighter and ready to celebrate the awesome family I helped to create!
    Joyful Christmas Eve!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment