Friday, December 11, 2020

December 11--Drink It In

Set wide the window. Let me drink the day.  --Edith Wharton

    In a period of stay-at-home boredom, my husband and I tackled the job of spiffing up our garage. It was a fun project of painting, discarding and organizing. Now enjoying our efforts with a beer before supper, we get to sit with the door open to the west and drink in our magnificent Kansas sunsets. It is our time to talk, enjoy each other's company, and reflect on the day. It is a simple pleasure we both look forward to. 
    As I open the "window" of my new day, I see a swim, a massage, good meals, wrapping gifts, a walk with Barney, and the aforementioned afternoon garage hanging. I "drink the day" with joy and gratitude. 
    May your day be a tasty drink,
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment