Wednesday, September 2, 2020

September 2--Take a Nap

Learn from yesterday, live for today, look to tomorrow, rest this afternoon. 
--Charles M. Schulz

    Schulz created one of my favorite comic strips, "Peanuts." An extraordinary amount of life and wisdom passed through those comics over the years. The quote above pretty well sums it up. 
    Learn from yesterday... We can make the best of what's happened to us, forgive and make amends if needed, let emotions flow, and move on. Or we can pack our grudges and resentments into an nice big heavy suitcase and drag them around for a long time. You decide.
    Live for today... Today is all we have. It can be "best day yet," wherein we serenely complete the next thing right in front of us, aware and enjoying our relationships and our place in the world. Or we can spend today wishing we were somewhere else, doing something else, dissatisfied with life. You decide. 
    Look to tomorrow... We can look ahead with joyful anticipation, expecting life to continue to get better and better. We can make plans for future fun and create new ways to enjoy life here on our magnificent Earth. Or we can dread waking up in the morning to face another day of the same old ugliness, personally and throughout the world. You decide. 
    Rest this afternoon... Leave it to Schulz to encourage us to take a nap. We can take a mental and physical break from it all, and awaken with an improved attitude. Or we can push on through life and exhaust ourselves. You decide. 
    Napping is my favorite hobby. Yes, I consider it a hobby. I LOVE to sleep. My nap is my "stop the world, I'm getting off" time. Unless I'm working full-time at my tax job, I rarely miss a nap. I plan my schedule around my nap time. I'm serious! Napping is that important to me. 
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,
        Leta

Being a lover of baseball... 

Peanuts Comic Strip for July 14, 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment